GCI moved to our current location in 2003 and provides students with world class facilities housed in a modern building overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and Galway Bay. We have spectacular ocean views and we can see the Clare Hills and the Burren from all south facing classrooms. Our school is purpose-built and combines high-tech specifications with an ideal environment for studying, relaxing and making friends.
The school is open from 08:15 until 20:30 each evening and students can use the building freely to meet, log on to Wi-Fi or have a drink or some food in the Ozone Coffee Company.
- 25 spacious classrooms with lots of natural light
- A beach within 1 minute walk of the school
- A Student Common Room — the 'Halla Mor' — which can seat up to 120 students
- Ozone Coffee Company — a café restaurant serving hot beverages, soups, sandwiches, paninis and a daily special Monday to Friday, at very competitive prices
- Bright open foyer and large seminar rooms for workshops and student meetings
- A full library and access to virtual and conventional resources
- A Computer Room with 20 PCs, which students may access for free
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the building
- Landscaped gardens and paved area surrounding the school for relaxing and barbecues
Library / Self Access Resource Centre
Students can access the library / self access resource centre to study, to complete assignments and to borrow and return books. This centre contains books, reference materials, journals, CDs, videos, and multimedia equipment. Students preparing for examinations have access to practice tests and a full range of examination materials. You may also avail of our wide range of virtual and online resources.
IT Room / Lab
The IT Lab has 20 PCs with free internet access for our students. Times are allocated in 30 minute slots. Printing facilities are also available. WIFI is available throughout the school and in Ozone Coffee Company for students with their own laptop computer. Students are allocated 2 x 30 minute slots per week. Additional times are often available.
Our common room — the 'Halla Mor' — can seat 100+ students and is open all day for students to sit, chat or use our free WIFI internet access. Table-tennis and games are available for your enjoyment and relaxation. Our Movie Club takes place in the Halla Mor and we have a wide range of videos and DVDs for student use.
Ozone Coffee Company
Gardens & Paved Area
Galway Cultural Institute is surrounded by landscaped gardens and an extensive paved area allowing students additional space to sit outside, relax and chat while looking at the Clare Hills and the Atlantic Ocean. There is ample parking for cars and bicycles.