Returning to the classroom
This September presents a very different reopening for our whole school and many of the changes to our routines and practices are a consequence of the mandatory requirements set out by the relevant Departments of Government.
- All level classes will be assigned a room, which will not change
- Students will be assigned their own desk for the duration of their course
- Classrooms will be large enough to accommodate all students and their teacher while maintaining the recommended social distancing
- Classes will be assigned one teacher as much as possible
- Classes will also be organised to minimise the number of students and staff you have contact with, creating class bubbles where possible.
- All supplementary material will be provided digitally on our Moodle learning platform.
- Allocated times for collections/appointments/deliveries to reception/offices
- Ceased the library & study rooms services temporarily
If you have booked afternoon lessons, these will be delivered in virtual format, in line with current Department of Education guidelines.
Can I still book a course with GCI?
Yes, you can.
We are offering a special promotion for General English courses starting from September onward, where you can save up to 25% on course fees. Read more about the special offer here.
You can still book online courses if you wish to study remotely from your own country in a hybrid style delivery mode.
Will all courses be available face-to-face?
Not all courses will be available immediately. We are running General English, Combination courses and One to One, Cambridge and IELTS exam preparation classes.
If a course is not available in the school, it may be available as an online alternative.
Culture is very much back on the calendar this September as Galway 2020 European Capital of Culture’s re-imagined programme gets underway. Studying English in Galway always brings a host of cultural opportunities, because of the city’s rich tradition in music, the arts, and theatre but the following months will be even more special with Galway 2020 launching a range of exciting events throughout the city, of course acutely aware of the public health guidelines.